Follow us on:
Cork City Community Forum
| What Is The Cork City Community Forum?
The Community Forum brings together community / voluntary groups. The main focus of the Forum is to promote social inclusion through collective actions principally by consulting with members of the wider community. It is a voice for the community / voluntary sector in Cork City. It provides an opportunity for the wider community sector to influence policy developments. It promotes participation in decision making regarding social, cultural and economic development in Cork City.
How the Forum works?
Forum members meet 4 times a year. Working groups meet in the interim on specific issues as the need arises. The Community Forum elects 8 Community Directors who oversee and implement the work of the Forum and represent the Forum on the board and sub-committees of Cork City Partnership. Cork City Council provides financial support for administration purposes.
The Forum Provides the Following Supports:
Consultation and Participation
Cork City Community Forum is a voice for the community. Forum members are elected to represent the community and participate on major decision-making bodies in Cork City.
Forum membership provides the following:
- Debate and discussion on the issues affecting local communities
- Networking and shared learning opportunities
- Access to information and other resources
- Training opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Membership of thematic working groups and networks
Information mailings are sent to members on a regular basis. Information includes:
- Useful information from other community / voluntary groups
- Information on the latest funding availability
- Notification of training events
- Reports from local development organizations
- Community newsletters and conference reports
Free access to ongoing training opportunities
How to Join the Community Forum:
Contact Us for an application form